Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Anyone have a carpet cleaner???

Yep - Malachi's still throwing up all the time. What did the doctor say? Well...some babies just spit up. We'll do weight checks every week and if he's losing weight, we'll see about getting him into a pediatric gastroentorologist.

Now, I ask, WHY WHY WHY do we have to wait for him to lose weight? He's gone about a month without gaining...that's not normal right? The Chiropractor is begging us to put him on goat's milk, but the pediatrician isn't crazy about that. We tried was a no go. He THREW UP ALL OVER Lolli yesterday when she took him to get weighed. The Dr. and the Nurse even saw it and said that wasn't normal. (We're taking him to Canyon Clinics instead of driving ALL THE WAY up to Amarillo every week just for a weight check - We love you Dr. McAfee) Mac said he'd keep an eye on it and he'd refer us to an internist if he needed to. So, we've got a pediatrician, a general practitioner and a chiropractor all WATCHING. WHY AREN'T WE DOING??? I don't know, I guess they've got to watch, but I'm so frustrated at the explanation that some babies just spit up. In the meantime, although he's not getting dehydrated, he certainly isn't as healthy as he should be. Zantac isn't touching anything and mommy and daddy are getting really upset. How many weeks are THEY willing to watch him not get any better?

I'm so afraid this is going to stunt his growth or damage his esophagus or something worse...what? I don't know...just something worse.

Something has changed in the last month or so and I want to know WHAT dang it. I don't care how much money we have to spend, how many tests have to be run or what else has to be done. I just want Malachi to be better.

Sorry, I know my posts have been so down lately, it's just so frustrating when you don't feel like your child's doctor is taking you seriously, but your motherly instincts are telling you not to give up.

I'll post updates if/when I get them

1 comment:

M&E Klein said...

My sister went through the same thing with one of the twins. She switched to lactose free milk too and they just ended up having to feed the baby slowly (3 or 4 ounces, wait, and then 3 or 4 more) or else he would spit up too. It has gotten better now.

I would be frustrated too if I was in your shoes. Waiting around is not my idea of a solution. You will get through this :) and baby Malachi will get better. And we'll just keep on praying.