Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Where to start?

Well Thomas' job is going REALLY well!! He is having a blast working on a large scale again and his boss loves him! (Shock, I know...haha) I met Lowell (his boss) last week and all he could do was brag about Thomas and how fast he learns. For those of you who aren't around here and don't know the situation, here's how Thomas got his job. The man whose place Thomas took passed away graduation night. He'd been in his position for a long time. I think it's one of those positions that once you're there, if you're good, you stay! Well...Lowell informed Thomas that before this man passed away, Lowell was planning on retiring in February, but that date has been moved back to June or July of next year. Prior to Thomas being offered the job, I had been told by some friends of mine who work for the city (ahem...high ranking friends if you catch my drift) that whomever was to be hired for Thomas' job would actually be in an introductory position to take over the department. Basically, whoever got the job that Thomas got would be in line for Lowell's job when he retired. So, we're crossing our fingers that God will continue to bless Thomas for all his hard work and dedication!!

Last weekend was Canyon's homecoming, Fair on the Square and WTAMU's homecoming. As if you can't tell by several of our past posts, football is big in our family. So, it promised to be a very busy weekend. And, that it was!!!
Friday night we headed off to Canyon's game. It was fun - as they always are and we had a good time hanging out with everyone!!

Here's Malachi with Pops and then being loved on by his Lolli!

Then, Saturday morning was Fair on the Square and WTAMU's homecoming parade - hence - Malachi's first parade!! We got to the square around 10:00 am and it was already getting pretty warm, so Malachi got stripped down to his little onesie pretty quickly!

Then, we made our way over to my dad's truck which we had strategically parked in order to have a good viewing of the parade. Malachi was good for about the first 10 minutes. (Note the band in the background!!)

We hung out to see Lolli and Pop riding in the parade as they acknowledged Pops' award!!

Congratulations again dad! I think you and mom need a cool car like that so y'all and Malachi can ride around in style! Mom's hot, she deserves it right??? Honestly, though - I'm very proud of you!!

Then, the noise started. So, mommy and Mali headed inside Pop's truck so as to muffle the noise, but still take part in the festivities. See the firetruck? And, of course, they felt the need to blow the sirens the WHOLE WAY down the parade route! Okay - we get it - they're loud and they mean get out of the way.

Then, it started getting a little overcast so that afternoon we took a nap for about an hour while it rained outside. Malachi started crying in his crib, so we picked him up and put him in bed with us. He slept from 3:30 to 7:30 in our bed! He was very sleepy from the weekend's activities! Mommy and Mali got some much needed "mommy and me" time while daddy went and helped Pops pickup the tables provided for all the drunks at the tailgating festivities. (Don't even get me started on that) See - my dad really does deserve his job as no one sees the "dirty" side of his job. Apparently, they spent 3 hours looking for lost/stolen tables and chairs and pulling racks of chairs out of mudpits the size of Texas, all while being cheered on by some drunken idiots. He deserves a lot more than some stupid ride in a Mustang - haha - just kidding - but he really does deserve a lot of praise for his job!!

Okay - stepping back down off my soapbox - Right before daddy got home from helping Pops, Malachi decided to go absolutely BERZERK. He was SCREAMING for NO REASON AT ALL!! I was a little freaked. I thought something was wrong. So much so that I even called my mom. A few minutes later, it was over. Malachi slept all night...Hmmmm...could it be because he was EXHAUSTED from screaming? (Yes...this part of the story will continue...keep reading)

Then, Sunday morning, we went to Lolli and Pops' house for breakfast. Malachi got his first taste of Lolli's fireplace roaring!

He was absolutely mesmerized by that flame!! We even pulled his crib over near the fireplace and he slept for a good hour all nice and toasty!! It was so sweet! That's what rainy mornings are made for! Thank you Lord for that opportunity!!

See the glow off his face?

Sunday afternoon was spent flittering around town. I totally went out of my comfort zone and have decided to redo the chandelier in our kitchen. I'll try to get before pictures for you. Suffice it to say that I fell in love with a chandelier Saturday at Fair on the Square that someone had made. All they had done was take an ugly chandelier and jazz it up by adding lampshades and several embellishments. Then, the more I thought about it, I thought I could do that myself! top it off...we already have an ugly chandelier! So, we went and got some cute lampshades and then it was off to Joann's fabrics to get some cute embellishments. I'll post pictures when I'm done. This is SO not me...and no, it's not perfect. But, hey, anything's better than what we have now and I can say I did it myself when I'm finished. (If I have might be pretty obvious!! haha) We finished the afternoon with dinner at a new restaurant (Texas Firehouse) in Amarillo watching the Dallas game. (Remember...I promised an ending to the it is) It was at this point that Malachi's fit monster decided to make another appearance. Granted, he was tired from the day, but the child started SCREAMING and I could do NOTHING to stop it. He would scream at the top of his lungs, look around, take a few deep breaths, I would love on him, and he would start again. It was ALL FIT!! At first, my mom started laughing and I told her it wasn't funny. Then, I realized that it was. He was literally throwing a temper tantrum. But, how do you tell a 4 1/2 month old no? They don't exactly get it. Everytime the tone of my voice would change and I would tell him that was enough, he'd stop, look at me, and start screaming some more. Mommy and Daddy have some work to do once Malachi understands the word no and what it means. haha Oh well...thus begins parenthood!! Fits and all!

Well...that's our weekend in a, well...VERY LARGE NUTSHELL!! I know, it seems like everytime I get on this darn thing I type more and more! But, what can I say? We're busy people!

As soon as I can, I'm going to post a slideshow of Malachi's latest photo shoot!! He's getting so big - we can't believe it!


Wesley and Elizabeth said...

What a great weekend! I love the fireplace picture! I'm glad Thomas' job is going so well. See you at the shower this weekend! Give Malachi kisses from Aunt Bubzees and Uncle Dub!

Mommy Magee said...

Wow! That sounds like it was fun and busy weekend! Thanks for the advice on our little one's head. I'm going to try it! Anything to not have to make him wear the little helmet thing. :) Thanks!!!